As any professional wood finisher knows, going to a local hardware store to pick up a gallon of a well-known brand of fast-drying polyurethane to brush on a project is not the same as using an industrial 2K polyurethane product.
The two products are as different as night and day because the chemistry used to create them is completely different. That’s why we recommend an ICA 2K Polyurethane gallon order. This product is an industrial workhorse that is widely used and contains the latest technology.
Working directly with an ICA distribution partner, such as Finishers Depot, to purchase your polyurethane products is the best way to find great pricing. Explore some additional advantages of purchasing polyurethane products from us.
Why an ICA 2K Polyurethane Gallon is More Economical
While 2K polyurethane coatings might cost more than other products upfront, there are many reasons why they’re actually an extremely economical option for professional finishers.
Because 2K polyurethane gallons are so hard-wearing, they are a great choice for high-intensity projects, such as:
- Commercial projects that will be exposed to harsh cleaning chemicals.
- Dining tables or other furniture that might be exposed to high heat.
- Projects built from grainy woods.
- Projects that benefit from several application layers.
In general, 2K polyurethanes are an excellent wood finish choice for any project that will be exposed to a lot of wear and tear or where chemical resistance is required. Once cured, they provide an extremely hard, scratch-resistant surface that will last much longer than projects finished with other products.
Efficiency and Versatility of Use
The polyurethane sold at your local home improvement center is plastic, while 2K polyurethane is a catalyzed two-part product. When the two parts are combined in appropriate ratios, they combine to form polymers. This process differentiates these industrial products and provides the high durability professional finishers need to provide their customers.
To meet the demands of different projects, you can tweak different variables in 2K polyurethane components. For example, you might need to adjust the catalyst ratio, add UV absorbers, or add pigmentation. Because 2K urethanes are so versatile, the formulations can be easily adjusted to suit just about any project where wood protection and beautification are the priority.
ICA 2K polyurethane gallons save both material and labor costs in a number of other ways as well:
- They cure quickly, allowing sanding or buffing within hours rather than days.
- Urethane coatings last longer than other topcoats, extending the life of finished products.
- Because they’re more versatile and easier to use than other finishes, there is less waste.
- The faster drying times make it quicker and more efficient to complete a project.
- Fewer coats are needed to achieve the same look because polyurethane seeps into wood pores and coats the grains well.
- You can add a higher mil thickness that results in fewer hairline cracks and less likelihood of future coating chips, thereby extending the product life.
For projects that will be painted, full coverage of saturated colors can be achieved with fewer coats. The higher solid content in 2K polyurethane products makes the color fill faster, establishing a more solid foundation for the base coat. This, in turn, facilitates the topcoat in achieving a uniform color.
Additionally, polyurethane colors contain resins and binders that crosslink with the coating, allowing for a larger pigment load without losing color integrity. All these factors combine to provide bold color in fewer coats.
Improved Customer Satisfaction
With 2K polyurethanes, you can answer virtually any request your customers might come up with. You’ll be able to support your customers in the following ways:
- Keep up with the latest trends by offering a variety of sheens, including matte, satin, semi-gloss, and gloss.
- Meet the needs of every type of project – whether for interior or exterior or requiring a solvent-based or water-based finish.
- Leverage specific looks, such as the current natural wood trend.
- Avoid using formaldehyde, which is a great selling point for many environmentally conscious customers.
- Provide a crystal-clear finish with superior clarity and no milkiness, regardless of how many coats are applied.
- Offer better color retention with less yellowing than cheaper products.
How to Get the Best Price on Polyurethane Gallons
The best way to ensure you get the best price on ICA 2K Polyurethane orders is to work directly with a U.S. distribution partner.
Finishers Depot is ICA’s distribution partner in the United States, so working with us means you’ll work directly with the source rather than buying products that have moved through multiple distributors with price increases added with each one along the way.
Furthermore, we use these products ourselves, so we trust what we recommend to our customers. Our knowledgeable team will ask you the right questions to ensure you are purchasing the best product the first time:
- What are you trying to accomplish?
- How are you finishing the product?
- What application system are you using?
By asking these questions and more, we can transfer the knowledge we’ve already gained and match the right technology to the job. By leaning on the experience our experts have gained through their own trial and error, you’ll get to the perfect end result faster.An ICA polyurethane gallon is an economical choice for professional wood finishers. And working with the Finishers Depot experts ensures you’re on the right track every time. Talk to us today about how we can support your purchasing needs.