Working with wood finishes requires a keen eye, an expert touch, and deep industry knowledge. To advance in your craft, it’s important to receive education and training that will help you stand out.
If you are looking for the best master class woodworking professionals need to complete on their career path, consider signing up for a finishing professional training class offered by Finishers Depot.
We are confident that each class will provide you with the tools you need to refine your technique and skills. Learn more about the benefits of registering for one of our upcoming classes offered to professionals in the Greater Houston area.
Find a Master Class Woodworking Professionals Need
In the Fall 2023 season, we will offer three class sessions:
- September 5th: Finishing 101 class
- September 19th: Advanced Conversion Varnish class
- November 7th: Finishing 101 class
- The Finishing 101 class is mainly designed for beginners that are just getting into finishing. The material covers the basic finishing steps to help professionals grow their confidence. However, veterans enjoy re-taking this class as a refresher to improve their skills and abilities.
- The Advanced Conversion Varnish class is a more advanced class that covers various varnish processes. The class covers more finishing steps and goes deeper into specialized varnish techniques.
Each class is offered at the AXALTA Learning & Development Center located in Houston. Find out more about each class and how to register for our upcoming classes.
- Would you like to know more about why you should register for a class from Finishers Depot? There are several advantages of working with us to advance your skills and abilities.
5 Reasons to Sign up for a Finishers Depot Class
Take a look at these great reasons to sign up for a class offered by Finishers Depot.
1. Taught By Professionals
Have you been in a woodworking class that felt more like a sales pitch trying to get you to buy products rather than an actual training session? Not with Finishers Depot.
Our training is driven by technical skill development. That’s why technical professionals, not sales representatives, teach our classes. We are focused on helping you develop the appropriate skills to advance in your profession.
2. Ideal Location
Location matters in training. Our training sessions are held in a facility that feels like a true learning environment. You won’t be on a sales floor; you’ll be in the middle of a factory with access to representatives who know how to provide expert support.
3. Small Class Sizes
Our class sizes are intentionally kept small at around 6-8 people to support hands-on learning. You will have access to more one-on-one interactions than you would find in a sales-heavy training session.
When you work with Finishers Depot, you will benefit from being able to ask questions, focus on the areas you want to improve and walk away with confidence that you can readily apply your training when you return to work the next day.
4. Access to the Latest Technology
The finishing industry continues to change. So, we routinely adapt our training material to incorporate the latest technology. That’s why we encourage finishing professionals to regularly attend a Finishers Depot training session because we cover new technology.
During each session, we review the latest finishes, tools, and equipment that make it easier for finishing professionals to get the job done faster, more efficiently, and more accurately.
You will also have the opportunity to network with like-minded professionals who may already be using the latest technology. A Finishers Depot training session is a great place to meet other knowledgeable professionals in your field who can help sharpen your skills.
5. Inclusive Learning Environment
We offer classes in English with Spanish support, ensuring that each professional has access to the support they need to be successful.
- Our training materials are bilingual in English and Spanish.
- We make 1-2 Spanish speakers available during each class.
- During mixed classes, we offer translation on the side.
- In a full Spanish-speaking class, we translate the material at the front of the room.
Master Your Craft with Finishers Depot
Whether you’re a first-time class participant or have attended a Finishers Depot training session before, we have the training opportunity for you.
It’s a great idea to make our training part of your annual routine so that you can stay on top of new technology and trends. Our classes always stay true to the core material, but there is always something new to learn and improve on.- Visit our Training page to view the schedule, register for a class, and subscribe to our calendar feed so that you always know when the next training is offered. We are confident we have the ideal master class woodworking professionals need!